Home Remedies For Cracked Heels and heel pain
Foot care is very essential if you want to have attractive and good looking feet. In fact, it is very important for you to keep your feet neat, clean and tidy as it is the one part of your body that is exposed to the ground always. Home remedies for cracked heels are the best cost effective methods to treat your heel skin problems. Some of the very common home remedies for cracked heels are:
Use Of Oils
Hydrogenated vegetable oil is said to be really good for your cracked heel problems. Some of the oils that offer good results for cracked heels are: sesame oil, coconut oil and olive oil apart from vegetable oil.
- It is important for you to first clean your feet with soap and water and pat it dry.
- If you see cracks in your skin, then you need to use a pumice stone or a soft foot file to remove most of the dead and dry skin.
- Now, clean the area, wash it and apply any oil on the soles and the heels liberally.
- Leave this application on your feet overnight and you will see effective results in a week’s time on regular application.
You can also use ripe bananas to cure cracked heels. You need to apply mashed ripe bananas to your cleaned cracked heels and leave it there for ten to fifteen minutes. Then you need to wash the feet nicely with warm water and then later dip the feet in cold water for ten minutes.
If you are experiencing pain from your cracked heels, then paraffin wax is the ideal ingredient that will give you relief from pain instantly. Mix the paraffin wax with coconut or mustard oil and then heat it so that the wax melts. Now, apply this mixture on the cracked heels after bringing it down to cool temperature. Apply this mixture, leave it overnight and wash it off in the morning and you will enjoy great results.
Applying lemon juice on the cracked heel areas will help in softening your skin as it has great acidic properties. You can also soak your feet in a bucket of lukewarm water mixed with lemon juice for 10 to 15 minutes to hydrate your feet. Then clean the feet and heels with a pumice stone and pat your feet dry.
Rice Flour With Honey And Vinegar
To remove of your dead skins around the heels of your feet, you can make a natural scrub with ingredients like rice flour, apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Take 2 tablespoons of rice flour and mix it with 2 to 3 teaspoons of honey and vinegar to make a thick paste.
- Soak feet in warm water for ten minutes and then apply this scrub paste on your cracked heels and wash it after it gets dry. It will help in removing dead skin effectively.
Honey is one of the most popular home remedies for cracked heels that you can use on your feet as it has antibacterial as well as moisturizing properties. It can take care of your dry feet as well as cracked heels. Mix 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey in a bucket of warm water and soak your feet in the water for 15 minutes. This will make your feet moist and supple.